Tuesday, May 27, 2014

365 Days To Go

Today is my 29th birthday! Today, also, leaves me 365 days left to accomplish my big travel goal: travel to seven continents in business class by May 2015.


As of today, I have hit five continents: North America, Europe, Asia, South America and Africa. Leaving Australia and Antarctica. I have booked Australia for September; leaving Antarctica for January or February 2015.

As I wrote last year,  I add a new goal: visit all 50 States before the age of 40. In typically JD fashion, to count a state as visited, I must stay 3 nights in the state. The 3 nights don't have to be consecutive, but I do need to put my head on a pillow, rock or bench to count.

Below is a map of the states that I have visited and those I have not. The states colored in Red are ones that I have stayed 3+ nights in and the states colored in Green are ones that I have stayed 2+ nights. So far I have visit 22 states: 14 for more than 3+ days.




Accomplishing close to 30% of my goal with 11 years left is a good start. As you can see, I need to visit middle America. Sad to say, I have treated it as fly-over country. Looking down from the plane wondering what is down there. Today, I make my promise to you, middle America...I am coming to visit!

I have a feeling this is going to be a great year.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                               Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

No comments:

Post a Comment