Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Constant Reminder

Last week I went on my first business trip ever: a quick two day trip to a sales conference in Richmond. We stayed at the Richmond Marriott, which I reviewed here. The stay was average to say the least.


What bothered me of this stay was what was written on my key card:



The hotel wrote my rate on my key card envelope. This isn't the first time a hotel has written my rate on the hotel key. However, this is the first time I have questioned why its there.

Why do hotels need to write down the rate? Do I get better service if I pay more? Worse service if I am staying on points? My guess is that neither is true. Then again why the need?

The reason why I bring it up is that my room was small, elevators ran slow and staff was slow. Not Southern slow. Just, I don't care slow. Every time I looked down at this envelope, I questioned if my stay was worth $159 a night. Especially after I learned that the Hilton Garden across the way street was only $119.

Anyone know the reason for the rate on the key card holder?



    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                     Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting point. I always assumed it was there so you knew what rate they had on file and you could question upfront if there was a discrepancy. But they could just do that verbally at check in and avoid reinforcing any possible buyer's remorse.

    ReplyDelete